Q: What are the main things I should remember regarding cultural differences?
A: 1) Never slander the royal family.
2) Never touch a Thai man on the head.
3) Never enter a temple with shorts, sleeveless shirt or with sandals on.
4) Thai’s don’t shake hands, they wai, which is putting hands together like praying.
a) Don’t wai anyone unless they wai you first and never wai children.
5) Don’t lose your temper or show anger, always be polite.
6) Respect elders (senior citizens).
7) Never put your feet up on a chair or table nor point your feet at someone.
All these things are a matter of cultural respect and will be discussed at our orientation!